What is it?
MagCon reads and writes tracks, routes and waypoints from and to your
Magellan GPS. It was tested on a SporTrak Pro, but should work on all
SporTraks, all Meridians, the 315/320 and other devices. If it doesn't,
or if it works on another device please contact me.
You need a Magellan GPS device that can export tracks and a Palm PDA
How to use it
- Please read and accept the license.
- Install MagCon using your favorite synctool.
- Start it and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Timeout means interbyte timeout. The higher the value the faster the
- You can convert the downloaded track to Magellan MapSend format
using the 2mag tool which is included in this package.
- Routes and waypoints can be converted to a GPSBabel enabled textfile
using the pdb2txt tool which is included in this package.
MagCon and 2Mag are open source, licensed under the
Download the binary distribution: MagCon 0.95
Download the MagCon sources: MagCon sources
Download the 2Mag sources: 2Mag sources
Unixusers: Please download 2Mag sources
(tgz-file) and compile it
If you need to convert MapSend files to another format please use
If you need an Palm/Magellan connector (and you're living in or near
germany) have a look at
More about gpx: GPX-Homepage.
Cabling instructions for the Tungsten